Friday, November 19, 2010

happy 6 months!!

    Tomorrow Easton is turning 6 months! I cannot believe he is already a half a year! I feel like I am going to blink and he will be getting married and I will no longer be the leading lady in his life.  6 months ago our lives changed for the better  in so many ways I couldn't even begin to explain, to those of you who have kids know, and to those who don't I HIGHLY recommend it! It is by far the BEST thing I have ever done. SO I wanted to share how our sweet little man came into the world 6 months ago tomorrow.
    Just for a little background I had a great pregnancy besides being horribly sick the first 3 months and having contractions start at week 29 which landed me on bed rest :( So after spending weeks making sure little man didn't come early we come to find out I am going to be induced 6 days early! We decided on the induction because my doctor,myself, husband, family, friends and even the random average Joe thought I was carrying a HUGE baby, probably because I looked like I swallowed LARGE size watermelon, a 37 pound watermelon to be exact. Later we found out that I had extra fluid which made me look huge and deceived everyone into thinking I was going to have an 11 pound baby. SO anyways back to May 20th...
     May 19th everyone arrived in prep for the arrival of Easton! We had a nice dinner and relaxed(well as much as we could) and tried to get to bed early since we had to be there at 5:30am. I don't think I slept at all that night I was so freaking nervous/excited/terrified. I finally got out of bed at 3 after tossing and turning all night long and I got in the shower. I was all ready to go at 4, so I sat around while everyone slept then we left about 5:15. We all decided that Brian and I would just go at 5:30 since we knew it was going to be a LONG day, and everyone else would come about 8:30.  So we get there and get all prepped in our room and ready to go and they start the induction process. Given I had been having contractions for 11 weeks already I thought I would be prepared for the pain I was about to feel, boy was I WRONG. These contractions were HORRIFIC! I was already taking it out on Brian before anyone got there I think I lasted maybe about 10 good ones before I was begging for my epidural, which by the way didn't feel that good either but was SO worth it! I hadn't progressed far by the time I was thru getting my epidural when my sweet doctor Emily came in to break my water, Brian was still out of the room at this time because he could not be there for the epidural. She broke my water and then the clock started, suddenly his little heart rate dropped so they gave me oxygen and turned me on my side. At this moment I am about to have a slight heart attack because things aren't going well. FINALLY they let Brian back in so he is next to me. Then his heart rate started back up, and we thought we were ok, TERRIFIED but ok. Emily says she is going to head back to the clinic and will be back soon to check on me and my progress, I was like "wait, what? you are leaving, seriously?" She assured us she could be back in 3 minutes if something were to come up, as the words were coming out of her mouth his heart rate dropped again,sigh. She looked at me then at Brian then said we have to take him, she threw Brian scrubs and said you have two minutes. Brian ran down the hall to tell everyone who had just arrived what was going on. I was trying my best to stay calm and breathe just thinking about how I have landed myself on an episode of Grey's Anatomy as everyone was rushing around me. It was unreal how fast everyone was moving and talking but to me it was going so slow. My doctor was beyond AMAZING told me everything I needed to know, since I had only just received my epidural, they had to give me extra pain medicine and make sure I could not feel my lower half before the sliced into me ( I was thinking C-section, really?) My anesthesiologist , Alan was awesome. As they ran me down the hall to the operating room all I could think was is this REALLY happening? We got there they checked a million times over that I could not feel anything, then it started. Brian was right next to my head the whole time as was Alan who told me everything that I was going to feel the pressure ect. Looking back I was so scared it was like a dream, all I wanted was a him to be ok. It seemed like forever but I finally heard Lil E cry and the doctor said everything was ok. Thank GOD. They brought my sweet baby boy around and I could finally breathe again. The rest was smooth sailing from there. They brought me into recovery then back to my room where I got to see everyone and show off our little BUDDY. SO the day didn't progress as we had hoped but we got the most precious baby boy to show for it. From the time his heart rate dropped the second time he was out in 8 minutes and was born at 9:56 am, he was 7 pounds 5ounces, 20 inches and perfectly healthy. And the rest is history we brought our little man home and we have been loving it ever since! Sorry for the length I didn't want to leave anything out, because to me this was the best day of our lives. Happy 6 Month Birthday Easton!

No comments:

Post a Comment